The suburban shores of Lake Ontario. 10 March, 2013.
I went for a walk this afternoon, since it was 11 degrees, and you can’t really stay inside when it’s that warm after it’s been such a cold winter.
It’s a very ugly time of year. Normally I wouldn’t take pictures of this transitional time. I don’t think it serves my neighbourhood particularly well. The snow is receding and leaving nothing but dormant and dead stuff. But I thought it would be a useful exercise to find beauty in things I usually don’t. So I took a walk down to the lake and snapped a few pictures there.
At this particular point along the shore is the site of a former sewer pipe factory. There’s nothing left of the facility itself, but the remains of the terracotta pipes they made here were broken and laid over the beach to protect it. That’s why all the rocks by the water are mostly orange.
34 Notes/ Hide
- trashyfiction likes this
- eastorhild likes this
- its-a--love-story likes this
- bridgie likes this
- deputychairman likes this
- marlinowl likes this
- khorazir likes this
- kitty-mochi likes this
- awydd likes this
- tweeskoala reblogged this from ochereloquence
- ochereloquence reblogged this from ivyblossom
- cicincindy likes this
- mynameisnotsophia likes this
- maccaforever9 reblogged this from holligenet
- songstersmiscellany said: Soon, before we know it, green shoots. Thank you for sharing these.
- songstersmiscellany likes this
- prollyjolly likes this
- neutrophile likes this
- milkteabreak likes this
- ineedabiggerneckruff likes this
- wishicouldthinkofabetterusername likes this
- buttinspectorkirby likes this
- morgan-leigh likes this
- aiishere likes this
- marginally-diligent said: I actually love taking photos during this time of the year. I love the brown contrasted with the bright blue of the sky. I’m probably just weird, though.
- frannyglassed likes this
- threeofclubs likes this
- ourinterwebs likes this
- estherlune likes this
- yo-otsai likes this
- holligenet reblogged this from ivyblossom
- holligenet likes this
- ivyblossom posted this